You’ve got the the killer heels, the dazzling dress and the perfect clutch – but your NYE ensemble isn’t quite complete without the right mani to match, right? Obviously you could go for something subtle, but I think ringing in 2016 deserves a little more attention. That’s why I really wanted to share this easy tutorial that Jay hooked me up with.
The half moon mani, as it’s been called, has been around for ages! It was, and still is, a symbol of high class and glamour in the 30s and early 40s. This mani is simple and classy and looks really good with both light and darker colors. Celebs such as Rihanna, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and, ofcourse, Dita Von Teese are seen rocking this style. Also, check out the inspiration below.
This classy style is actually quite simple and as a matter of fact it’s very easy to do yourself. Read on because Jay explains how to nail this mani in 7 steps!
Jay: “No special things needed, but what you do need are a buffer, a basecoat, colored nailpolish and a topcoat”.
1. Prep your nails. Buffer them lightly.
2. Apply base coat and let this dry.
3. Pick up a little bit of product on the brush. Not too much other wise it will smudge and you want to keep your half moon bare. Carefully swipe the brush half diagonal, creating half of the half-moon. If you have too many product on your brush, use it to cover the rest of the nail.
4. Now do exact the same as step 3, but the other way around.
5. Polish the rest of the nail and it will look like the left photo above.
6. Apply a second coat of color. Be careful when brushing to the edges of the half-moon.
7. Apply top coat and you are done! Above you’ll find the final result!
Jay: “Don’t worry if it doesn’t work out the first time. The key is to keep practicing, you will get there! If you would like to see a video tutorial of this design, let me know and I’ll make one”.
Show us your nails, tag us on Instagram (@jaydeau and @thenewblacknl). We would love to see your mani! Oh and remember, you can still use the code ROX15 to get a € 15,00 discount on your NYE mani at Jay!